When new VOFM customer specific routines are created, it is important to make sure that the code and the routine are both active just like any other SAP object. However, whenever we transport a new VOFM routine up the transport path, we also have to run program RV80HGEN. This SAP standard program regenerates and reactivates all VOFMs so that they can be used within configuration and is a required step for VOFM development.
This step is often forgot until the testing of new VOFM routines fail in the new environment. It is only then that we remember to run program RV80HGEN. However, instead of manually executing this program via SE38 after transport, it is possible to automatically include this program as part of your transport so that it executes after the code is imported into the new environment.
Note: Normally, you don’t have to run program RV80HGEN when modifying existing routines. This is only required when creating new VOFM routines.
- Run transaction SE01or SE10 and locate the transport to which you want to add RV80HGEN.
- Double click on either the top-level request or the task and select the Objects tab on the following screen.
- Switch into edit mode and, if necessary, click the Insert Row icon to add a new object to the transport, although you may be able to enter a new line directly after switching to Edit.
- On a new line, enter “R3TR” in the Program ID field, “XPRA” in Object Type, and “RV80HGEN” under object name and hit Enter.
- Save your request/transport and back out to the previous screen. You should now see RV80HGEN listed in the object list of your request as a “Program Run after Transport”.
- Congratulations, your done! The VOFM routines will now be automatically regenerated and activated after when they are transported to a new environment.